Christmas time always becomes a black hole of time and this year was no exception. I realize that I am way overdue for an update.
The short version is that I remain home on bed rest. We have seen the doctor twice since my last post. Both visits my blood pressure remained elevated but stable. My labs continue to be normal. The babies continue to look great. We have an appointment this afternoon for a quick blood pressure check and we will see Dr Acker again on Thursday for a full visit and ultrasound. The babies will get weighed and measured at that visit and we can't wait to see how much they have grown in the past 2 weeks. Baby boy #3 may be close to 3 pounds by now!
My parents and KJ were here for 10 days and just left yesterday. It was great to have them here! My dad worked his usual construction miracles and my mom had the (unpleasant ?) task of waiting on me hand and foot. She kept me fed, watered and entertained! In addition, she sorted, washed and organized baby things. The nursery is almost done (a few shelves need painting) and then we can move everything in. I will post photos soon of the nursery and new guest room. My parents spent their last night here in the new guest room and say it is quite comfortable. We would love to have visitors after the babies come!!!
Unfortunately, my bed rest status kept Bobby and I from participating in the traditional Smith family festivities. We did, however, have many of them visit us during the week and it was great to see them all. Bobby's brother Greg and brother-in-law Allen came down from New Hampshire for a day and helped my dad with the building projects. Many hands do, in fact, make light work.
Wishing you all a happy new year! 2010 is sure to be a year Bobby and I will remember forever!
glad to hear an update i was beginning to wonder....sounds like you had a busy but somewhat relaxing holiday. it won't be long now and you'll be holding those precious bundle(s) of joy in your arms!!! it truly is the most amazing feeling. can't wait to see pics of the nursery! :) stay well and off those feet...miss ya
ReplyDeleteMarie