Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Yipee for Christmas at home!!!


Today has been a roller coaster of emotions.  I said a tearful goodbye to our house this morning as Bobby packed my overnight bag into the car.  Neither of us knew when I would be back.  Would it be today, tomorrow, or weeks from now?  I had come to terms with the fact that I would probably be admitted, but it didn't make me feel any better about it.  


When we got to the hospital I first had blood work done, followed by an ultrasound.  I was quite anxious about the ultrasound for a number of reasons.  For one, we hadn't seen the munchkins for several weeks which allowed my mind to wander.  I also haven't been gaining appropriate amounts of weight so I worried  that might mean that the babies weren't growing appropriately.  Finally, I hadn't felt baby #3 moving in several days - again, my mind was getting the best of me.  Turns out all of my worrying was unnecessary.  All 3 are thriving!  For the first time they were "weighed" and results are as follows:



Baby #1 (girl) - 2 lb 6 oz, 79% for gestational age
Baby #2 (boy) - 2 lb 8 oz, 88%
Baby #3 (boy) - 2 lb 11 oz, 92%.  Turns out he has an unusually high volume of amniotic fluid which is likely why I haven't been feeling him as much.  It is not dangerous and they couldn't find any negative cause for it.



Holy moly!  We hoped to get them all to 2 pounds before delivery!


As for my blood pressure, it remains elevated but stable.  My labs were all perfect.  So, after a long discussion and many promises to "follow the rules" we were sent home...for now.  We will continue to 
check my blood pressure 4 times daily and will talk to Dr Acker every night before going to bed.  Also, we will need to be seen at the hospital on Saturday morning for more labs, a blood pressure check and possible ultrasound.  Compared to being admitted we are more then happy to make the trip in over the weekend!  I remain on strict bed rest, basically can get up to go to the bathroom but nothing else, but this should be easy to do considering my family (my mom in particular) is arriving on Friday.


Needless to say, Bobby and I feel as if we have received the best possible Christmas gift this year and we wish you all a Christmas full of blessings as well!  Thanks for your continued prayers and support!!!






3 comments:

  1. A true Christmas blessing for both of you! Hope your folks arrive safely. Remember to follow the RULES because I am sure your mom will see that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Deans! So happy about the news for now. Hope you had a great Christmas and that the family arrived safely. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deana, Dr Acker, is your Dr. I found in the blog. I know of a Dr. of the same name from out East Boston/PA and was wondering if it is the same one. Is his first name Brett? If it is the same one my son Brandon and Dr. Brett Acker's wife Debbie are related. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete