Friday, December 18, 2009

Baby showers are fun...even when you can't attend

I have been honored with 2 baby showers already.  Unfortunately...I haven't been able to attend either of them.

My mom and sister surprised me at Thanksgiving with my first shower which was organized for family and friends in Goshen.  Being pregnant with triplets, my window of opportunity to fly home was over before it even started and I was denied the pleasure of participating in a right of passage I have long looked forward to.  Nonetheless, Bobby and I had a great time opening gifts, playing with baby gadgets, and dreaming of our soon to be little ones while surrounded by our families at the dinner table after our Thanksgiving feast.  Here is a photo of Bobby practicing his burping technique:



The second shower was thrown by my colleagues at work.  Since I am no longer driving and Bobby was on the road all day, they had to celebrate without me.  The next day my good friend and co-worker Nancy came to visit, bearing a yummy lunch and their generous gifts.  I was so excited to receive the famous "diaper cake" which one of the nurses in the department has been known to make for every pregnant co-worker.  It is made entirely of diapers (there must be at least 100) and decorated with every baby product you can imagine.  I haven't had the heart to take it apart yet. 

So, even though my baby shower experiences haven't been exactly like I had pictured they would be, I have had a great time with them.  Besides, nothing about this pregnancy has been like I ever imagined, so why start now, right?

1 comment: