Saturday, January 16, 2010

The delivery

Once the doctor determined that I was 5cm dialated things began to happen very quickly.  I was immediately transferred from the "High Risk Antepartum" unit to the labor and delivery floor.  I called Bobby and told him he should head in (we live about 35 miles north of the hospital).  At the point in which I called him I assumed I was being transferred so that they could more closely monitor my status.  I was wrong. 

Before I knew it I had an IV and was signing consent forms for surgery.  The OB surgeon arrived and asked how far away Bobby was.  I called him only to find out that he was just leaving home - he thought he had plenty of time and therefore opted to take a quick shower and even iron his shirt.  When I relayed this info to the doctor he turned to one of the nurses and said "well, I guess dad won't make it in time for the delivery."  DELIVERY???  And off we went to the operating room...

The doctor was right...Bobby walked into the room just as the last baby, Michael, was being whisked off to his "team" for evaluation.  Boy was I glad to see him! 

Here are the stats for our precious trio:
Baby #1 - Annemarie Lyn Smith (Annie), 2lb 15oz, came out screaming at 4:18am
Baby #2 - Elias Robert Smith, 3lb 9oz, 4:20am
Baby #3 - Michael Hubert Smith, 3lb 7oz, 4:21am

All 3 cried immediately and all 3 had apgar scores of 8/8. 

Let the adventure begin!!!

7 comments:

  1. So happy to hear all 3 babies are here and doing well! :) Welcome to the world little ones! Congrats guys. Now the big adventure begins....take lots of pictures because before ya know it they'll be walking!!! Love ya
    Marie Nadeau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Deana and Bobby! So happy to hear that all went well...considering the circumstances. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! I am happy for you guys and look forward to tracking with you on this journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to both of you! Hope Grandpa/Grandma Landis arrived today and have had a chance to see those little ones. Take lots of photos/video for all to see. Deana . . . get plenty of rest while you can because you will need everything you can muster once they come home. Take care and enjoy!


    Vicky/Jim T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!!! They're here....let the fun begin! Glad to hear you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the birth of such beautiful babies--love the newer photos of the boys--sending many hugs to all 5 of you from Holland...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful! I'm so glad to hear they arrived and all is well with them and you. Congratulations to both of you. We send our love and think of you everyday.
    Tim, Amber, and Jacob

    ReplyDelete