At our appointment last week Dr Acker (our OB) said that we were entering "a quiet period" in the pregnancy. A time when I would be feeling good, the babies would be over their first hurdle, and we would all get a break from the scanning, poking and prodding. This quiet period, he said, would last until about week 16 at which time I would likely be slowing down a bit, the babies would enter their next "high risk phase," and we would resume weekly ultrasounds and appointments.
I remember thinking, "ah, this sounds nice." After all, we had moved directly from the intensity of the fertility program to the intensity of a high risk pregnancy. I had been feeling great (though tired) and was thrilled to hear that I would likely start feeling even better. I pictured this being a time in which we would start some serious planning and doing.
Well, I pictured wrong! It's true, I do have more energy and for that I am grateful. However it is difficult to be productive with your head in the toilet. Now, those who spent any time with me during the 1st trimester can testify to the fact that I felt so great, that I would often complain about my lack of symptoms. I literally wished for some nausea, just to be assured that all was well in baby land. Time and time again I was told "be careful what you wish for" and "count your blessings." I would only laugh and say "but I just want to FEEL pregnant!" Well, I must now eat my words (maybe they will stay down 'cause nothing else does) and admit that there is nothing fun about "feeling" pregnant. (Though as I suspected it does give me some peace of mind).
So as we progress through the next 4 weeks of quiet time, I suppose this blog will enter a quiet time as well. I will spare you all from routine updates about how I am feeling and look forward to October when we will once again have baby news to share!
Hope the "nausea phase" is short!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, from here forward, be careful what you wish for! HA!
We want photos. We want photos...of your growing belly! Please post one soon so we can see how the babies look from the outside.
ReplyDeleteHope this phase of sickness leaves you soon!
-cara
Yeah, I second that notion. We want photos!!!!!
ReplyDelete