Sunday, July 4, 2010

One Swagger Wagon equals a whole lotta' fun!

Bobby and I are the newest members of the mini van club.  After weeks and weeks of researching, shopping and test driving we are the proud owners of a Toyota Sienna.  I love it!  Finally, all 5 of us will be able to ride together...in the same car...at the same time.  Our days of carpooling to the doctor, ophthalmologist and airport are OVER!  Furthermore, since we purchased the van in Indiana, we will be driving it back to Massachusetts which will save us the experience of another plane trip with the trio.


I picked up the van last week and we've been having fun with it ever since.  FREEDOM!  Here's what we've been up to (with the help of a few of our faithful volunteers of course).

  • We visited a local Amish bakery, Rise & Roll. They are famous for their home made donuts (which definitely lived up to all the hype) and we enjoyed a late breakfast.  The kids did great and Mikie was particularly intrigued by the home made candy section which was quite colorful.  For those of you in the Goshen area, if you have never been there it is a must visit!

  • The kids made their first visit to one of Poppy's Dairy Queens.  It was temping to give them their first taste of ice cream, but we'll wait until we are in town at Christmas time when they are a little older and Bobby can get in on the fun.  After DQ, Poppy took the kids to the bank with him while he did his business banking.  He couldn't wait to introduce them to his friends there!
  •  I've been wanting to take the kids to one of Goshen's First Friday events.  The weather finally cooperated this past Friday night and we decided to go for it.  It was crowded and loud - did I mention it was the annual cruising reunion?  There were about 2,000 people packed into downtown Goshen and a long line of really loud antique cars...in hind sight not the best idea.  The kids did great and we had fun.  The boys weren't always sure about the loud engines and spontaneous back fires, but Annie really got into it.
  • What's summer without some swimming?  We loaded the kids up for their first pool party.  Hats, sunglasses, swimming diapers and layers upon layers of sunscreen - I wasn't sure it was going to be worth it.  The munchkins all loved it!  Annie loved it so much that she screamed when we took her out of the pool and only stopped when we put her back in!  Perhaps she will take after her Smith aunties and be our little swimmer.
Mikie
 

Eli

Annie

A tuckered out Mikie after a day of fun







1 comment:

  1. Never thought I would hear myself say this but that is one sweet lookin' mini-van. :) I'm glad you've been experiencing field trips with the kids-what fun! They're looking as sweet as ever.

    ReplyDelete