The roller coaster ride continues!
The good news...
Michael had his follow up head ultrasound yesterday. Not only is there no new bleeding, but the initial bleed is no longer visible and has been totally reabsorbed. We are thrilled and relieved! Thank you for the prayers! Of course he has now developed a nasty conjunctivitis - the poor little guy can't catch a break!
The not so good (but not really bad) news...
The transfer closer to home didn't happen yesterday like we had hoped. The receiving hospital didn't have enough bed space available. We are holding our breath that it will happen tomorrow.
One exciting development is that all 3 kids have started taking some formula by mouth. We thought this wouldn't start until closer to 34 weeks adjusted age (they are currently 33 weeks) but they have been showing signs of readiness so the nurses let them give it a try. They all did great - no spitting up, no forgetting to breath, no choking. Go kids! So far they don't take much (only a few milliliters once a day at most) before getting tired, but it is a start. I got to give Eli a bottle over the weekend. It was awesome and really made me feel like a mommy! Here are some photos Bobby took while I was holding him.



Awwww...I think I've fallen in love all over again! :)
ReplyDeleteawesome news! good luck with the transfer, i hope it happens soon! and little eli really looks like you and uncle mike in my blogging opinion. ; )
ReplyDeleteJust want to kiss and kiss his sweet little face!!!
ReplyDeleteGoodness....my heart is in just a flutter, I can't even spell my name correctly!
ReplyDeleteThird time's a charm! How about "my heart is in SUCH a flutter" I can't spell my name correctly or find the correct words to express myself! Is there a way to edit comments after messing up?!?!
ReplyDeleteI love the photos with you Deana!!! Just so beautiful.
ReplyDelete