Thursday, October 1, 2009

Jazz hands!


Seems like this pregnancy is going to keep me on my toes - even more then I expected it would.

This week at work I have been experiencing quite a bit of pressure, tightness and stretching in my belly. I assumed it was all part of the growing experience (and I have a host of new stretch marks which supported my theory).  Well, yesterday afternoon the pressure seemed to be getting more intense so I decided to call my Dr's office to get some reassurance.  I explained my symptoms to the nurse and instead of saying "oh, this is totally normal, your babies are just growing," she said "how far away are you?"  I told her I was about 1 mile away at work.  She replied "great, I will call ultrasound and tell them to expect you now." 

So, down the street I went.  I was ushered straight into ultrasound and within seconds I could see my trio bouncing around.  They checked my cervix, the fluid around each of the babies, and each of their heart rates.  The verdict?  Everything was perfect.  Apparently I was only experiencing normal growing pains.

So here is the ultrasound photo and trust me when I say that these photos don't do justice to what I actually saw on the screen - although the first photo in the group comes close!  The tech wasn't sure how the babies had been previously "labeled" so I don't know who is who, but the top two photos are different babies and the bottom two are of the third one.  Photo #1 makes us laugh and takes me back to my high school days in show choir.  Seems he or she has already mastered the art of jazz hands!!!  A future Crimsonaire perhaps???

3 comments:

  1. So does that mean you'll be moving back to Goshen in the next 16 years? :-) Is Jazz Hands baby even looking at you? Looks like it, with a nice jazzy face, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a future pianist....ok.... maybe football or rugby....

    ReplyDelete
  3. just caught up on the babes...looking great! so glad to hear everything is going well. and 4 months. yahoo!

    ReplyDelete