Wednesday, October 14, 2009

3 out of 3 is better!

Bobby left this morning for Pennsylvania.  His absence meant that his sister Cathy could join me for today's ultrasound.  I was sorry for Bobby that he had to miss it, but very excited to be able to share the experience with her.  The kids put on a good show and baby #2 even cooperated this time!  Without telling the radiologist what genders had been discussed last week, today's (different) radiologist confirmed that #1 is a girl, #3 is a boy and #2 is also a boy.  So 2 boys and a girl it is!!!  I think I will wait until after next week's scan yet to get totally into the mindset of this combo, but I am (we are) excited none the less. 

Once again the trio looks great.  They are getting pretty crowded in there and appear to be getting into each other's personal space quite a bit.  One thing I forgot to mention about last week's scan is that the radiologist showed me where exactly in my belly each baby is positioned.  Now when I feel movement (which I am feeling daily) I know exactly who is responsible.  They won't be changing positions with each other so now that we know who is who and who is what we can really start to have fun with them - talking to them, calling them by name, etc. 

As for me, my blood pressure is higher then normal so they are following up with some additional lab work.  I am hoping to get the results back tomorrow.  My cervix is still holding strong and for that I am grateful!  It has an incredibly important job to do!  I'll be in touch with an update once I know more about the blood pressure concern.  While I know that carrying multiples means a higher risk for a variety of complications (both minor and major), I'm not sure I'm ready to go there yet...

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting more excited each day! Is that possible? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report, Deans. Keep those babies baking! :) So fun to know (fairly for certain) that you'll have two boys and a girls. Any name ideas you want to share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to know what gender your babies will be! I think it kinda makes them seem more real. We're so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete