Sunday, October 25, 2009

Now that was a kick!

I have spent years wondering what it would feel like to have a little life growing inside of me.  When I found out I was pregnant it was one of the first things I thought about.  I waited anxiously through the first trimester knowing it would likely be well into the second trimester before I felt anything.  So I was totally shocked when I felt my first flutter around week 13.  It was a split second "butterfly" feeling that I didn't feel again until week 17. 

Since then the flutters have become a normal part of my day (from one baby or another - mostly the boys).  The flutters recently turned into taps and today baby #2 (one of the boys) gave me a full on kick.  The jab was so strong that I felt it with the hand I had resting on my belly!  Wow!!! 

I was so excited that I called Bobby, who was at a Dallas Cowboys game (in Dallas).  He was equally as excited although also bummed as he has been anxiously awaiting the day he could share in the movement experience.  I think his day is coming!!!

3 comments:

  1. ohh! Can't wait til I can feel it! Less than a month to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having written an entire textbook on fetal medicine it is a revelation to read your detailed descriptions of your pregnancy! Just tell those Smith babies that their Mom does everything WAY better than the NICU does, and they should stay inside of her for as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet!! Isn't it the best thing ever?

    ReplyDelete