I don't know when or how we got here but last week we found ourselves facing a HUGE milestone. Annie, Eli and Mikie started school. Yes, it is *only* preschool but in my mind it feels like the beginning of the end.
My emotions are mixed (as I'm sure every parent can relate to) but mostly I'm sad. Really bummed. Not for them, of course, they are thrilled. Sad and bummed for me. I'm sure those feelings will lessen with time, they've only gone 2 days so far, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that things will never be the same. And not in a way that makes me happy. As busy and chaotic and stressful as the past 3 years have been the truth is they have been my whole world and I have been theirs (yes, yes, yes I acknowledge that they have a wonderfully involved father, an amazing Nana and other special people who have helped along the way). But prior to last week we have been together every day. All day. Every day. Though I can acknowledge it isn't totally normal or even entirely healthy how little time we have spent apart from each other I love our life and the crazy reality that is ours.
But enough about me. Like every parent who has gone before me, I'll be fine. And as I said, they are thrilled. They love it. They can't wait to go. They want to go every day, in fact. For them I am happy...
And now my Tuesday and Thursday mornings belong to this little bundle of love!





No comments:
Post a Comment