The trio and I have been in Goshen now for 1 week. While I could write an entire blog entry on the experience of the plane trip out, I will leave that up to your imaginations for now - what you would imagine traveling with 3 newborns to be like is probably pretty close to how it went.
I thought it would be fun to share a list of stats from this week - some fun, some not so fun, but most of them quite impressive.
Visitors = 40
Volunteer caregivers (NOT including mommy, nana, poppy, auntie Cara and uncle Andrew) = 22
Total caregiver hours = 83
Meals provided = 9
Loads of baby laundry picked up, washed and dropped off = 5
Number of times nana's carpet has been hit with various body fluids = 5
Caregivers who have received a projectile vomit bath = 2
Volunteer gardeners (who have kept nana's expansive flower beds in check while she has focused on the trio) = 3
Homemade loaves of bread received = 10
Borrowed bouncy seats = 6
Naps for mommy and nana = many!
Night shifts covered solo by poppy = 2
As you can see it has been a busy week. We are grateful for all of the "villagers" in our lives, both in Boston and here in Goshen. While we miss Bobby (daddy) terribly, he maintains that this is the best place for us to be for now. Please keep us in your prayers as we make decisions as to what the next step will be in this great adventure! A few closing photos...
Annie
Elias
Elias
Michael
The trio - 3 months


Deana,
ReplyDeleteThis was what I thought about when you first said you were going to Goshen. The village. In Nepal, women still go to stay with their mother for the last month (or more) of their pregnancy and the first months after the baby's birth.
It sounds like you're in good hands and I wish I could be there to lend one!
Enjoy it all . . . despite the bittersweetness of Bobby not being there.
Jill
Loved the statistics--gave me a good laugh!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you need a village to raise triplets. We are so glad that everyone is thriving!
Love from Charlestown, MA