Thursday, March 25, 2010

Together at last!!!

On Tuesday, March 23 we finally brought our dear Elias home.  We are now a family of 5 who all live under the same roof!  Happy day!  Over the past several weeks I have had many "lows" when I wondered if this day would ever come.  Thanks for all the prayers!!!

Needless to say, life hasn't been the same since!  The transition from 1 to 2 was tough, but I gotta say that going from 2 to 3 was unlike anything we could have imagined or anticipated.  Being out numbered truly makes all the difference in the world.  Tuesday night was a nightmare.  Eli came home on a totally different schedule from Annie and Michael.  Michael was sick and vomiting with every feeding (he has a UTI - yea, we managed to break him after only 5 days at home).  And the icing on the cake was a 3am call to 911 when Eli had a choking spell.  He was fine by the time the paramedics arrived - his parents, however, were not!  So yea, we literally did not get any sleep. 

Relief arrived on Wednesday evening in the form of aunt Marylin, cousin Steph and cousin Stacey.  Their presence meant Bobby and I could focus on laundry, making up formula, washing bottles, cleaning up from the disaster the night before, and most importantly eating (something we literally hadn't done all day)!  Thanks guys!!!

By far Wednesday's biggest accomplishment was getting the 3 munchkins on the same schedule.  I'd like to say we performed some amazing act of parenthood, but it really just fell into place.  It takes us about 90 minutes to get them all changed, fed, burped and settled which leaves us 2 and 1/2 hours to do the things we need to do to be ready for the next round.  Bobby and I have been happy to discover that we make a pretty darn good team, each of us sort of falling into different roles, looking for ways to lighten each others' load.

Here are some photos of our first few days together...

Eli is ready to go!!!

Trying out his new chair

Super-Eli

The brothers hang out

One BIG happy family!

Family nap time

Love...

3 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad Eli is home. Thank you for describing a bit your routine. I cannot imagine. You are the Woman!!! (And Bobby, the Man!) And you even manage to find time to post blog updates & facebook updates & pics! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carrie!

    Was surprised to see an update with all you have going on!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete