I can't believe that tomorrow Annie will have been home for 3 weeks. I also can't believe that today our little muchkins are 2 months old! So much to say...
Annie is amazing! Not only is she beautiful but she is quite advanced, especially for a preemie! HA! :) She eats like a champ and as of 1 week ago she was 5 pounds 14oz. Her social calendar is far busier then mine has been in years and we are busy, busy, busy with trips to the pediatrician, the ophthalmologist, visits from the visiting nurse and appointments with Early Intervention. I have a giant "mommy calendar" hanging in the kitchen and I can' believe that it is already full of appointments - and the boys aren't even home yet! Yikes! She is an absolute joy, and with the exception of her eye exams and immunizations she really never cries. Really! Her retinopathy (see post "Another major milestone") has been steadily advancing and has progressed to stage 2 from stage 1. Fortunately, this week it finally seems to have stabilized and we are hopeful it will now start to improve. Laser surgery still isn't totally out the question but seems less and less likely. She is super-duper alert (at times) and has really started making eye contact, smiling and cooing! So exciting!
The boys. What can I say? They are both still in the hospital. Never in a million years did I think they would still be there after 2 months. They just can't seem to master the art of breathing 100% of the time. They are vastly improved and have both made runs of 2-3 days with no "spells" but so far haven't been able to make it the full 5 days that is required for discharge. As I type this Michael is on day 4 and if he lasts the day today and overnight tonight then he just may join us at home tomorrow. But this momma isn't holding her breath - I've been burned before! They are both getting HUGE! Eli is up to 7 pounds 9 ounces and Michael is 7 pounds 3 ounces. At this rate I will bringing home toddlers.
We have enjoyed a whole host of company over the past several weeks. My mom (nana) has been here for 2 and 1/2 weeks. My sister Cara and brother-in-law Andrew came last weekend (Cara just left this morning). My dad (poppy) arrived Friday night. Bobby's sisters Liz and Elly flew up from Virginia last weekend and his step-sister Gretchen and her family came down from New Hampshire as well. We are terribly disappointed that the boys weren't home to enjoy the family time, but Annie has been in her element as the center of everyone's universe! She is in for a serious reality check when (and if) the boys arrive!
I feel like I could go on forever - there are a million little side stories to share. For now, however, I will close with a few updated photos.
A proud daddy
Getting creative!
Sweet dreams
Auntie Elly and Lizzy
Hugs with Eli
"I'm to tired to eat"
Uncle Andrew with Michael
Open up!
The photos are AMAZING!!! Wonderful to hear that everyone is well. We sure do miss you all. Love and kisses, Gwen and the gang
ReplyDeleteI was so excited to see new pics. and hear the updates. So wonderful to hear Annie is doing so well. We are rooting and praying that the boys will be home soon so they can join their little sis in ruling the
ReplyDeleteroost. :) Love you guys! Keep up the amazing work.