Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nearing the end of an era

We finally have a new photo to post.  The past 2 weeks our little ones haven't been very cooperative during the ultrasounds.  We were lucky if the radiologist was able to catch a good shot of even 1 of them.  They continue to be incredibly active and seem to be settling into patterns of activity and rest.  Baby girl is a morning person while the boys take after their mom and prefer the evening.

As of today we have made it to the 23 week mark.  With that comes a change in routine.  For the past 10 weeks we have been settled into a pattern of weekly ultrasounds - Wednesday at 1:45pm.  The focus of these ultrasounds has been primarily to monitor my cervix.  Now, the focus will shift back to the babies.  We are told that if my cervix hasn't failed us yet, it likely won't.  And if it does, well, we are that much further along.  Starting at 24 weeks we will have ultrasounds and MD visits every other week.  They will be starting to "weigh" the babies, among other things.  Up until now they (the babies) are mostly skin and bones with a little muscle, but from here on out they will start to pack on their baby fat.  I shutter to imagine how this will effect my already large and awkward belly.

Bobby is an amazing daddy-to-be and has made it to all but 2 of the numerous appointments.  This week he will opt out so that my mom and sister who will be visiting from Indiana can take in the show.  I am excited to have them come and hope the trio puts on a good show!


4 comments:

  1. Approx. 70 hours and counting until I get to catch a glimps of my little cherubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! have a fun and productive thanksgiving! eat for 4 ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to see these little ones, and you two look so radiant, I stared at the pic every time i get on.

    I wish you a wonderful birthday, thanksgiving and visit with the fam. I am working for the next four days and plan on working and sleeping mostly,
    love to B (and a rub for the three soccer players!)
    L
    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the ultrasound photos Deana - what a treat to see each one!

    ReplyDelete