Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Three, Four, Five and Six Month Update...Oops!

So once again I am a little lot behind.  Poor Josie.  I guess what they say is true - no child is as photographed or documented as the first born (or in our case, the first 3 born).  Sorry, baby girl!!!

Little Josie is truly a dream baby.  Happy, sweet, affectionate and easy going.  She eats great and sleeps great.  Her weight and length have consistently been >95th% and with the exception of 1 very pesky medical condition (stay tuned for a post about her Thyroglossal Duct Cyst) she has been very healthy.

She LOVES her siblings and they love her right back.  I love watching them all entertain each other and can't get enough of the giggles and smiles they share.  Mikie espeically loves to spend time with her and often asks to hold and feed her and gives her kisses, kisses and more kisses.

Josie is a real momma's girl and is definitely showing some strong signs of stranger anxiety.  It's funny...the trio never really went through the stranger anxiety phase.  They loved all people all the time.  I always assumed it was due to the fact that they had so many wonderful, loving people involved in their care - so many people acting as primary caregivers.  I remember being in tears one day because I truly felt like I was no more significant to them then the volunteers holding their bottles and changing their diapers.  There is no doubt that Josie knows who her mommy is and I love that!

A few of her favorite things and some milestones too...

  • LOVES to bounce.  And bounce and bounce and bounce.  
  • Gets around with a modified scoot/crawl/roll.
  • Pulls up to stand.
  • Likes to join the trio at mealtime and feeds herself puffs.
  • Has 2 bottom teeth.
  • Loves to sing and always joins in when I sing to her.
  • Says "mamamama," "nananana," and "dadadada."
  • Waves bye-bye.
  • Prefers standing to sitting.
  • Responds to her name.
  • Gives big, wet, open mouth kisses!

Being this precious girl's mom has been a gift!  It is unlike anything I knew existed or anything I could have imagined.  I love the triplets with all my heart but I always felt like I had missed out on something, like there was something more to being a mom then what I had experienced with them.  It is something I always felt guilty for feeling and something I ultimately had to come to terms with.  Josie feels like a big, fat, awesome mommy bonus!  Love you, baby girl!!!


3 Months

4 Months

 5 Months

6 Months

1 comment:

  1. Big smiles while reading this entry! What an incredibly sweet cherub she is! Love her! Nana

    ReplyDelete