Some Summer Help
As I mentioned in Part 1 I've been feeling like things here at home and things with the triplets have been suffering a bit as I've entered the final leg of this pregnancy. We ultimately decided that it would be in the best interest of everyone for us to hire someone to come a few days a week to help out. I had put out some feelers with a few different people but nothing really seemed to be coming together.
And then one day my phone rang. It was God! Ok, not literally of course. But as far as I'm concerned it was the next best thing and truly heaven sent. It was a lovely young lady named Kate - a Goshen (Indiana) resident and current GC (Goshen College) student whose family attends the same church as my family. She had come to Boston for the summer to participate in a summer internship and the part time job she had lined up had fallen through. SHE was asking ME if I could use some help for the summer. Though we had never met before she knew I had triplets and thought maybe I needed some help. WHAT?!?!
Kate has been an unbelievable addition to our family this summer. The kids LOVE her and I wish we could have her 7 days a week (instead of 2). It will be time for her to return to Goshen a couple weeks after the baby arrives and if it weren't for the fact that Nana will be here by then I honestly don't think we would let her leave!
Lobsta' Fest
And then one day my phone rang. It was God! Ok, not literally of course. But as far as I'm concerned it was the next best thing and truly heaven sent. It was a lovely young lady named Kate - a Goshen (Indiana) resident and current GC (Goshen College) student whose family attends the same church as my family. She had come to Boston for the summer to participate in a summer internship and the part time job she had lined up had fallen through. SHE was asking ME if I could use some help for the summer. Though we had never met before she knew I had triplets and thought maybe I needed some help. WHAT?!?!
Kate has been an unbelievable addition to our family this summer. The kids LOVE her and I wish we could have her 7 days a week (instead of 2). It will be time for her to return to Goshen a couple weeks after the baby arrives and if it weren't for the fact that Nana will be here by then I honestly don't think we would let her leave!
Lobsta' Fest
Summer time in New England wouldn't be complete without a lobster and steamer (clam) boil (or 2 or 3). A native mid-westerner, I've come to enjoy these feasts in all their yummy, messy, buttery glory. The kiddos had their first taste a few weeks ago at a Doyle Family party. They did rather well all things considered and each of them ate at least 1-2 bites (or more) of both the lobster and clams. I wouldn't say they LOVED it, but it was definitely a good start.
The New Sandbox
This spring Bobby built the kids a sandbox. I was hesitant. Very hesitant. I'm certain I have undiagnosed OCD and the thought of the mess...well, it made me crazy. He did a great job and the kids love playing in it. I've worked through most of my issues and have to admit that I absolutely appreciate the hours and hours of happy play time it has brought us (especially these days when I'm thrilled for any excuse to sit back with my feet up and watch them play)!
A few more things to cover. Stay tuned for 'Part 3'...
I'm fortunate to have a husband who enjoys cracking the lobster more then he actually enjoys eating the lobster. Yummy! More for me!
Chef Mikie and Uncle PJ
The New Sandbox
This spring Bobby built the kids a sandbox. I was hesitant. Very hesitant. I'm certain I have undiagnosed OCD and the thought of the mess...well, it made me crazy. He did a great job and the kids love playing in it. I've worked through most of my issues and have to admit that I absolutely appreciate the hours and hours of happy play time it has brought us (especially these days when I'm thrilled for any excuse to sit back with my feet up and watch them play)!
A few more things to cover. Stay tuned for 'Part 3'...






Yeah for updates!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteLove, Nana
Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you Auntie Deana!!! Wonderful to see the children and well they are all doing - and equally wonderful to hear that Mum and Baby #4 are great too:) Gosh we miss and love you all dearly. Give each and everyone a BIG hug and kiss from us all. Lots of love, Auntie Gwen, Uncle JF, Tristan and Sofia ps.
ReplyDeleteThe photos are adorable!
Re: the sandbox...baby powder is said to make the sand come right off! (I did see that somewhere BEFORE I saw it on pinterest) Love the updates. So is baby girl coming on Poppa's birthday after all?
ReplyDelete