Easter
We spent Easter in Wolfeboro, NH at Bobby's Dad's house. It was a great weekend with plenty of chaos (5 cousins under 3) and lots of fun!
Annie, Eli, Mikie and cousin Connor watch the 'big kids' play ball outside
The cousins (minus Tristan and Sofia - we missed you guys!)
Our best attempt at a family photo
Nana's Visit
Nana came for a nice long visit the end of April. She spent a lot of time playing with trains and the kids loved having someone at their beck and call. It's always an adjustment (for all of us) when she leaves and we have to get back to "real life."
New Beds
Annie and Eli have been able to crawl out of their cribs for many, many months now. We've survived thanks to the crib tents that were recommended to us by other triplet parents. Wouldn't you know the tents were recalled 1 day before Annie's tent malfunctioned and 4 days before Eli's tent did the same. After many online "conversations" with our triplet support network we decided to bite the bullet and transition the trio to twin beds. We knew it was something that needed to be done (especially since we will eventually need one of the cribs for the new baby) but were intimidated at the idea of allowing them so much unsupervised freedom. While most of their peers are already in 'big kid beds' none of their peers share a bedroom with their 2 best friends AND partners in crime. As you can imagine there was a major period of adjusting (for them and for us) as they learned to fall asleep despite their new freedom and despite the actions of each other. It's been several weeks now and I feel like we are back into a groove of good sleeping. They still party like rock stars for about an hour after we say goodnight but they are safe and happy and always manage to fall asleep in their own beds.
The old...
Cribs coming down...
We let the kids "help" take the cribs apart and really hyped it up. They were so excited!!!
Here's what the tents looked like. What lifesavers they were!
We had to take the murals and window coverings down and remove all the furniture. The room looks rather bare and I look forward to the day we can hang the murals back up and return the rest of their things. For now it's all about safety (for them AND their things).
The "new beds" as they call them. They LOVE their new beds and when we announce that it is bedtime they run up the stairs shouting "new beds, new beds!" They each got to pick out which color sheets they wanted. Annie picked pink, Mikie picked blue and Eli picked green.
Baby Update
With only 33 days to go until the scheduled C-section (July 31) I think Bobby and I would both agree and admit that we are still in a little bit of denial. We're excited, don't get me wrong, and we have been talking, planning and preparing more in the past few weeks but it still doesn't seem real and to be honest we haven't had a lot of free time to really dive into all that needs to be done. I am most certainly starting to slow down and most days feel like I am barely keeping up with all that needs to be done for the triplets, the house, etc. Bobby is picking up as much of the slack as he can but that also means that there are things that he is falling behind with (around the house that is - work is going well for him thank goodness).
The pregnancy is going great overall. I am amazed with how different pretty much everything is as compared to my pregnancy with the triplets. I've already been pregnant 4 weeks longer then I was with them and I was on bed rest for weeks before they were born. I'm also amazed with how boring and brief "normal" OB appointments are!
The kids are intrigued with my growing belly. We talk openly about their baby sister who is sleeping in mommy's tummy and they often give her hugs and kisses and try to offer her toys and books through my belly button. Annie talks about helping mommy change diapers and feeding the baby her bottles and doesn't understand why I can't "wake her up" so she can hold her. :-)
I've got a few more things to cover but I think I'll get this much posted for now. A few closing pics...






No comments:
Post a Comment