Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our little surprise!

I started this blog when, after 3 years of struggling with infertility, we found out that we were expecting triplets.  Never in my wildest dreams did I or could I have imagined that we would someday be making an (almost) equally shocking announcement.  We are expecting a baby this summer!

To say that we are shocked is a MAJOR understatement.  And while we are excited now, those first few weeks were tense.  I mean really...4 kids?!?!  4 kids under 3?!?!  4 kids in diapers?!?!  A family of 6 living on one income?!?!  What?!?!  And please don't tell me that God has a sense of humor...I mean...really...this is no joke.

Shock and awe aside we feel incredibly blessed - we've been given a special gift and along with it the opportunity to "enjoy" a single pregnancy and eventually a single baby in a ways we can only imagine (yes, of course we have enjoyed and continue to enjoy the triplets!).  And so as I've said before...the journey continues...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Deans - congrats to you and Bobby! I can definitley understand the shock, but how exciting!

    ReplyDelete