Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A day in the life...

Routine continues to be the key to our survival, sanity and happiness and I'll admit I run a pretty tight ship - especially Monday through Friday when I am home alone all day with the trio.  The kids know the routine and occasionally will tell me what is coming up next.  They love their naps and are happy to go to bed at night (for now).  All we have to say is "time for night-night, everybody up, up, up" and the 3 of them take off running to their room.  I can't imagine how I would cope if sleeping were a struggle, especially at nap time - I soooo need the afternoon break!

At 2 years of age, our typical daily schedule goes something like this...

7:30-7:45am - they start waking up, talking happily amongst themselves
7:45-8:00 - the talking turns to complaining and we know it's time to start the day
8:30 - breakfast
9:00 - get dressed
9:30-12pm - attend or host play dates, meet friends out and about, run errands, play together at home, etc.
12:30 - lunch
1:30 - go down for naps
3:30-4:00 - wake up from naps
4:00-6:00 - attend or host play dates, meet friends out and about, run errands, play together at home, etc.
6:00 - supper
7:00-7:30 - pj's, brush teeth, wind down, read books
7:30 - in bed, lights out

(Wow, when I see it all written down it looks a little crazy...it certainly doesn't feel as strict and structured as it looks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment