Friday, August 12, 2011

You know you're a Bostonian when...

So this entry was inspired by an entry recently posted on a friend's blog.  She and her husband are native Hoosiers who relocated to Texas where their daughter was born.  In her case she was expressing her concern for the fact that her 2 and 1/2 year old was starting to say ya'll.  I have similar concerns...

The trio have a speech therapist (who we love!) who works with them once a week.  Now I think that speech therapists, like TV news anchors, should be accent neutral.  Right?  Well, imagine my surprise when I walked in on one of their sessions and overheard this:

"Twinkle, twinkle little STAAAH
How I wonder what you AAAH"

Oh boy!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, you have your work cut out on this one! Just keep working with them on saying it correctly, STAR!
    Vicky T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me laugh a second time, just like hearing it for the first time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are learning it correctly...pretty soon they will have a wicked good accent!

    ReplyDelete