I had a bit of a break down early in the party as every one was arriving. Having never before been the mom of the birthday boy or birthday girl I felt completely overwhelmed and a little freaked out. Should I have had a speech prepared? Activities planned? How do you throw a 1st birthday party anyway? Was I doing it right? Holy cow...what were we THINKING?!?!?
I soon got over it and we had a wonderful afternoon. The kids were awake and happy the whole time and enjoyed all of the attention (as they always do). Though it felt strange to ask for help, I did delegate a few responsibilities to others and everything came together wonderfully. Thanks to everyone who helped and everyone who came to celebrate with us! The attached photos are courtesy of Bobby's aunt Jody. I never even pulled my camera out...
Eli held onto his balloon for much of the party
Annie enjoying some Puffs and cheese
"Where is the cake, Mom?"
Annie gives uncle Phil a plug
Ahhh...CAKE!
Eli seems pleased with his cake
The grown-up's cake. It was amazing and far more exciting then the one
I would have picked up from the Market Basket. Thanks Cathy!!!
Mikie watches cousin Hunter closely as he reads
a birthday card
Annie examines her new favorite thing...a purple sequense skirt.
I have a feeling you will be seeing a lot of this skirt in photos
in the years to come. It strikes me as the type
of thing she will want to wear constantly between the age of
2 and 4. HA!














No comments:
Post a Comment