Monday, June 7, 2010

We love Daddy!

I know, 3 posts in 4 days - some sort of new record for me. Father's Day is a few weeks away yet, but I felt compelled to dedicate this entry to the world's greatest first time dad.  

Bobby came to visit last week.  It was his first visit since the trio and I came to Indiana and it was so wonderful to have him here for 6 days.  The kids, Annie in particular, clearly remembered him and quickly fell back into little behaviors they only ever did with him.  Very sweet.  He did every overnight feeding (per his request) and happily slept on the bedroom floor when our bed became too crowded in the middle of the night (thanks to some bad habits I've developed with the kids in his absence).

I don't think I will ever really be able to repay Bobby (nor would he expect me to) for the tremendous gift he has given me and the kids these past weeks (now months...).  I hope someday I can help the trio to understand what an amazing act of love their father demonstrated by suggesting we spend this time in Indiana - incredibly unselfish!  Having to say goodbye to him (and watch him say goodbye to the kids) was no less painful this time...


Annie relaxing with daddy


Eli during a wardrobe change


Taking on the boys


Napping with Annie & Eli




No comments:

Post a Comment