I finally decided it was Annie's turn today. Truth be told I had botched her hair one too many times in my attempt to "even out" some of her baby layers. I regret not having any photos of her first salon experience because it was quite the event. Wouldn't you know she sat perfectly still and cooperated beautifully! Must have been the personal flat screen TV she had in front of her which was playing a colorful and cheerful cartoon. Or maybe it was the fancy pink throne she was sitting on. Or maybe the bubble machine? Or perhaps the sucker she was given (her first ever)? Wait...must have been the new purple bracelet she got. Well, whatever it was it worked and she got her first STRAIGHT and EVEN haircut EVER! It was a little shorter then I would have liked but then again the stylist was trying to fix what I had already done...
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Professional haircuts
Until recently I've done all of the kids' hair cuts myself. The boys are easy, their hair has so much body and curl to it that if I'm not totally straight or even it really doesn't matter too much. Annie, on the other hand is not only a NIGHTMARE to keep still/happy/cooperative/still/quiet/calm/still but she also has the finest, most stick straight hair I've ever seen - a recipe for some pretty pathetic haircuts. When we were in Goshen in September I broke down and paid to have the boys' haircut. I felt like they needed a bit more shape then I knew how to accomplish. The results were adorable!
I finally decided it was Annie's turn today. Truth be told I had botched her hair one too many times in my attempt to "even out" some of her baby layers. I regret not having any photos of her first salon experience because it was quite the event. Wouldn't you know she sat perfectly still and cooperated beautifully! Must have been the personal flat screen TV she had in front of her which was playing a colorful and cheerful cartoon. Or maybe it was the fancy pink throne she was sitting on. Or maybe the bubble machine? Or perhaps the sucker she was given (her first ever)? Wait...must have been the new purple bracelet she got. Well, whatever it was it worked and she got her first STRAIGHT and EVEN haircut EVER! It was a little shorter then I would have liked but then again the stylist was trying to fix what I had already done...
I finally decided it was Annie's turn today. Truth be told I had botched her hair one too many times in my attempt to "even out" some of her baby layers. I regret not having any photos of her first salon experience because it was quite the event. Wouldn't you know she sat perfectly still and cooperated beautifully! Must have been the personal flat screen TV she had in front of her which was playing a colorful and cheerful cartoon. Or maybe it was the fancy pink throne she was sitting on. Or maybe the bubble machine? Or perhaps the sucker she was given (her first ever)? Wait...must have been the new purple bracelet she got. Well, whatever it was it worked and she got her first STRAIGHT and EVEN haircut EVER! It was a little shorter then I would have liked but then again the stylist was trying to fix what I had already done...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment