Friday, December 10, 2010

A tough week...

It's been a tough week.  I try to keep my posts as positive as possible...but it's been a tough week.  And now that I think of it, last week was tough too...

I can say now that we have survived our first "group illness."  Last week I wasn't so sure.  Eli started the day before Thanksgiving with a runny nose, watery eyes and a general yuck about him.  I knew there was no way his symptoms would be isolated...we share everything around here.  The kids eat from the same spoon and the same bowl.  They chew on the same toys.  They drool on each others faces.  They suck on each others fingers.  They steal each others bottles.  They steal each others pacifiers.  You get the idea.  It was only a matter of time...

And it was worse then I imagined it would or could be.  Days and days and days of crying, not eating, not sleeping at night, not napping during the day, needing to be held at EVERY moment.  And did I mention the crying?  The CRYING!!!  Oh yea, and the kids cried a lot too...

Eventually Eli was diagnosed with an ear infection and we started "the pink stuff."  He has tolerated it well and we are all on the mends.  Today was even...I'm afraid to say it...a good day.  Their little faces are smiling again, the snot is subsiding, the crying is lessening (because lets be honest, it never really stops) and I am reminded of how amazingly blessed we are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment